We run kids camps over the school holiday periods and offer a range of activities depending on the time of year. The camps are designed to teach children how to experience the outdoors with minimum structure and maximum fun, just like we did ourselves when we were young.
In 2021, we will run a Summer camp in Trim.
Trim Summer Camp
Trim is a kayak-only Summer Camp. It will run Tuesday – Friday each week during June, July and August 2021 from 9.30 am – 12.45 pm for 9 – 12 year olds and 13 – 15 year olds.
Each camp will include
- Level 1 Introduction to Kayaking
- Paddling techniques
- Moving water safety
- No shortage of fun!
Prices: €150 per person per week
Pre-booking is essential and spaces are limited to 15. Select your dates and contact James on 086 734 2585 with a €50 deposit
9 – 12 Year Olds
|6/7/21 – 9/7/21||3/8/21 – 6/8/21|
|13/7/21 – 16/7/21||10/8/21 – 13/8/21|
|20/7/21 – 23/7/21||17/8/21 – 20/8/21|
13 – 15 Year Olds
|1/6/21 – 4/6/21||27/7/21 – 30/7/21|
|8/6/21 – 11/6/21|
|15/6/21 – 18/6/21||August|
|22/6/21 – 25/6/21||24/8/21 – 27/8/21|
What to Bring
- Old trainers.
- Drying towel.
- Synthetic base layer (long sleeved and long legs) for under our wetsuits.
- A warm hoody/tracksuit for after.
- Bring snacks to eat during camp and lunch for after.
- Bring drinks but NO plastic bottles, please.
- Participants will take all belongings away with them at end of camp.
- Limit of 15 participants per camp.
- Hand sanitisers.
- Participants can bring lunch but must eat it after they are out of wetsuits.
- We may have to get participants changed “outside” but we will have an uncovered area with ample screens in place (depending on government direction).
- Our staff have been trained on best practice to limit the spread of Covid-19.
- We follow Canoeing Ireland guidelines.
Please do not give your child any single use plastic bottles to bring to our facility. We operate a strict “No single use plastic” in line with our Sustainable Tourism approach.